With great regret we have to close the vocational school/ EFZ diploma classes at the end of the school year 2022/23 due to the unsustainable financial situation.
With the closure of the vocational school, the dance world will lose one of the most successful and renowned ballet schools in Europe and Basel will lose a professional training center for modern and classical ballet, the only one in Switzerland that covers both areas.
In spite of everything, we are very proud of the work we have done in the last almost 22 years. Countless graduates are now working in professional companies all over the world and BTB has become one of the most respected professional schools in Europe. The task now of finding next professional steps and individual solutions for each one of them can support you.
Our most important concern is that the students who are in their last EFZ year can finish the school year in an orderly manner and graduate. For all other EFZ students, we will ensure that satisfactory follow-up solutions are found.
Why support the BTB students?
Your contribution will help students from all over the world to complete their education at an appropriate ballet school, even after the Professional School has closed. In this way, you support us for a variety of upcoming projects:
- Financing the education of our students who have not completed it by the end of the school year 22/23.
- Placement of instructors at professional ballet schools and training centers
- Auditions to start in a professional dance company
- Video production for auditions
- Submissions to auditions
- Ensuring the last Summer Gala with the BTB students
Every contribution counts. Secure the future of a dancer of tomorrow today.
Sign up using the form below and help save this established educational and cultural organization. As a THANK YOU, you will benefit from membership in our “Patrons & Friends” program.
Membership «Patrons & Friends»
2 tickets each for the first category «Der Nussknacker»
and «Sommer Gala»
4 tickets each first category incl. aperitif «Der Nussknacker» and «Sommer Gala», as well as a backstage visit before the performances
8 tickets each first category incl. aperitif «Der Nussknacker» and «Sommer Gala», as well as a backstage visit before the performances and an invitation to a training session
The Ballet School Theater Basel
- BTB was founded in 2001 and is considered one of the leading professional ballet schools in Europe and enjoys a worldwide reputation. BTB consists of a Junior School and a Professional School.
- The Junior School, provides recreational training in ballet and modern dance to more than 300 children and teenagers. The Professional School trains over 50 talented students for the major companies of the ballet world. The professional students graduate with a Federal Certificate of Proficiency “Stage Dancer EFZ”.
- BTB is a Partner School of the Prix de Lausanne. The Prix only honors schools worldwide that demonstrate an exceptionally high level of dance education.
BTB is a Partner School of the Youth American Grand Prix, the world’s largest international competition for students.